Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Stumbling Across Konishiki
Just finished fixing my right panel links after realized that my AIFL "boss" JJ Reyes had taken down the English order sites for my first set of published books and commercially sold CDs.

  • Click here
  • to view the Konishiki English Classics online catalogue, so you know what "books" I'm talking about.

    Anyway, a few more clicks later, I came across a Japanese lady's photoblog with no less than Konishiki himself holding the books. OK so he's not holding MY Black Beauty nor 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but hey, they're still the series I'm proud to be a part of!




    To backtrack: The books I worked on carry the brand "Konishiki Easy English".







    That is because it is essentially the project of this gentle giant of a sumo wrestler, one of Japan's most popular personalities. He retired in 1997 then surprised everyone by crossing over to being a TV celebrity in Sesame Street-inspired shows that teach English in Japan. Beyond that he has cut several rap albums, and is a Michael Jordan type of endorser in the Japanese world.








  • Click here
  • to read about Konishiki on Wikipedia.

    ...I should really get a hold of a copy of my books!!!!
    posted by mommymy @ 8:23 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
     
    about me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
    Most Recent Posts
    The Last Few Years in Pictures
    Julian
    Julian

    Click On These Links
    Beach Template By
    Free Blogger Templates